Friday, May 27, 2011

Week 30

Whoa!  That really snuck up on me.  I'm 30 weeks pregnant... so I guess technically I'm starting my 31st week now but whatever.  It means I'm definitely limited in some movement (lots of giraffe like splayed legs while trying to do any bending) and rolling over in bed is getting more complicated.

I saw my OBGYN today and everything looks good.  When I first got to the office we had to get the dreaded weight measure out of the way.  Wait, whoa!  I lost a couple pounds from the last appointment a month ago.  Nothing wrong with that but boy, was I surprised.  Especially when I've bought larger pants in the meantime.  Well, I also made an appointment for the afternoon with a general doctor.  When I got there I was almost looking forward to stepping on the scale.  And then, there!  I knew it.  Their scale showed ten pounds, TEN POUNDS heavier than the other office.  Ugh.  I went back to the OB's office and they reweighed me.  Hrm.  Defective scale.  Isn't that always the way?

This was the first appointment, and likely the only, that Matt wasn't able to join me for.  But from here on out, there will be plenty of appointments.  I'll see the OB every two weeks for the next month and then every week until my due date.  But today was a great opportunity to really chat with her and I'm feeling even more comfortable and confident that we have the right doctor.

And a photo for the day... the beautiful Seattle view from the OBGYN's office windows:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment