Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Staying Active

I think one thing moving to a new city did for me, besides making me ridiculously happy, is getting me to walk, walk, walk! It's how I like to explore a new place and especially a new home. So Seattle's keeping me on the move.

Other than the walking, I'm taking a prenatal yoga class at Seattle Yoga Arts which has been the best yoga class I've taken since the yoga I did with my dear friend Julianna years and years ago.  It's relaxing and invigorating and taught by an OBGYN so I feel well taken care of.  I also took a shallow water aerobics class at a local community center and if that pool wasn't so darn packed full of little old ladies dodging each other as we criss-crossed the pool, I might have gone back.  It was good exercise!  Other than that, Matt and I have tried to keep up our routine of going to the gym together.  Our walk there and back together makes the whole gym-thing enjoyable.  Oh, and each machine has a personal television!  Ha ha ha.  I get my fix for junky morning television programs and can then go on with my day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment