Friday, May 27, 2011

One Room, Finally Together

Well, while the living room is still complete upended, I have finally managed to make the office usable. Yay!  Matt is happy, lemmetellya.  We moved the rug upstairs and it make the room feel much more comfortable and cozy.  I've been in / used this room less than a total of 8 hours since we moved in (or something like that) even though I thought painting over the crazy eggplant color would make it perfect.  It's just not a habit yet to spend time in the office... instead I drag whatever papers or materials I need for whatever I'm working on down to the kitchen table and make a mess down there. Well, no more! I spent a good couple hours cleaning and organizing and here's what we have:


My side (as  if that wasn't obvious) above and Matt's side below.


This weekend the plan is to paint the living room together and put it all back together.  But that comes after a trip back out to the furniture store in West Seattle to hopefully actually purchase a sofa (and maybe a new rug!).  If we go with a regular old upholstered sofa, here's the style we're considering (although with two seat cushions and two back cushions instead of three):


But, we'll also look at fabric options for a slipcovered sofa now that Matt has expressed an inclination and this is the style we'd order in that case:

Again, it would be a two cushion vs. this three cushion.  The main difference is the taller legs (which the slipcover will not cover) and the rolled arms.  I like this sofa... it's a little girlier!  Still a little hesitant about the slipcovers.  They're not like they used to be though and we sat on one of their slipcovered sofas in Portland.  Very neat and tightly covered.  And if we pick a fabric that is machine washable, I hear it's the best thing if you have kids and/or dogs.  Hopefully we'll have both eventually!

Anyways, I'm sure my father is thrilled to read about room organization and sofa selection... certain he was going to find here only photos of my growing belly.  Those are coming!  But I'm also trying to recreate our phone conversations while you're a little out of reach... so instead of having to listen to me ramble on about this stuff, now you get to read about it.  Hey, it comes with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment