Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stories of Today - Thursday, January 16th

I took Violet on a walk tonight and she made it two miles before she wanted to get in the stroller. Yay!  She got that walking gene from mom and grandpa!  I have to condition my girl for many long walks in our future, hopefully in many places around the world.

While I was making dinner she told me she wanted to wrap a present and needed some paper.  I found some pink tissue and she went to work wrapping up a puzzle (for me) that she'd just gotten from Lisa as a late Christmas present.  I was in the kitchen and decided I'd dole out pieces of tape one at a time while she ran between me and the dining room where the wrapping work was being done. After handing over what seemed like an entire roll of tape, she brought her present into the kitchen and presented it to me.  Beautiful!  Amazing!  Better than my usual wrapping, for sure!  "Here mommy.  Hold it.  It's a present for you."  I set it on the table and after dinner she helped me open it and we did the puzzle together.  Several times.

Her dinner tonight was a chicken sausage and bun, corn on the cob and some pickle slices.  While eating she said again, "This is my favorite!"  And looking me right in the eye with the sincerest expression, "Thank you mommy. Thank you. Are you happy?"  Oh my goodness.  The happiest.  Where did this kid come from?

I have not been writing here for so long but instead posting things to Facebook.  And occasionally reflecting on our day at the end of it in a journal.  But so many things happen every day that I just can't bear the idea of forgetting... I want to begin collecting them here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment